HEAT PUMP HOT WATER
Looking for someone to install or repair your heat pump? At Aquatek Plumbing & Gas we are your experts for heat pump installations in Adelaide, we work with all major brands and happy to assist you in finding the right heat pump system for you. Our team delivers a fuss-free experience from quotation to installation and we are making sure that you are happy with the work we have done for you. Call us today on 8123 3535 an schedule an appointment with our heat pump expert.
HOW DOES A HEAT PUMP OPERATE?
Heat pump hot water systems work on a similar basis to reverse cycle air conditioners, in that they use a heat exchanger and pump to take heat from the air outside your home and convert this into energy. This energy in turn creates electricity which is then used to heat the water in your storage tank. However, this doesn’t mean that a heat pump hot water system requires warmer weather in order to be able to operate efficiently. Heat pump units are able to transfer energy and create electricity to heat your water inside even when the conditions are cold outside (although it can be advisable to have your system fitted with an electric booster as well).
WHY HEAT PUMP?
Installing a heat pump hot water unit in your Adelaide home enables you to harness a renewable energy source and although they are powered by mains electricity, heat pump hot water units are far more efficient and consume significantly less power than normal electric hot water systems, in fact up to 70% less. Ultimately, this means that you are using less electricity or gas to heat the water in your kitchen, bathroom or laundry, thus reducing your ongoing operating costs.
At Aquatek Plumbing & Gas, we install, service and repair all major brands of heat pump systems, and can also advise and guide you as to whether a heat pump unit can be fitted retrospectively to your existing electric hot water unit. We also install and maintain electric booster units fitted to heat pump hot water systems.
HEAT PUMP REPAIRS
Our experienced and licensed plumbers are equipped to repair all types of heat pump hot water systems and to tackle all variety of problems, including:
- Faulty or broken evaporator
- Faulty or broken thermostat
- Leaking valves
- Faulty or broken condenser
- Damaged or leaking storage tank
- Water not being heated sufficiently
- Dirty or discoloured water
- Can be connected to extended (16-hr) off-peak tariffs
- Ease of installation as a heat pump uses connections similar to an electric hot water system and has a similar footprint
- Takes heat from ambient air to heat water
- Environmentally friendly
- Some model heat pumps can be connected to your electric solar panels to save even more power
- Warranty is nomally less than other hot water units
- A fan draws air through an evaporator. Thermal energy within the air is transferred to a liquid refigerant causing it change into a gas.
- The refrigerant gas is then drawn into a compressor which increases the pressure and as a result increases the temperature.
- A condenser (heat exchanger) then transports the hot gas refrigerant around the outsider of the water tank. This heats the water inside the tank and the gaseous refrigerant reverts into a liquid.
- The pressure of the referigerant is reduced as it goes through an expansion valve and returns to the evaporator for the process to start again.
You can call Aquatek Plumbing & Gas 24/7 on 8123 3535 for all types of heat pump hot water emergencies. Wherever you are in the greater Adelaide metropolitan area, we can provide fast and efficient emergency repairs at any time of the day or night.
We are experienced at working with all major brands of heat pump hot water systems, such as: