GAS LEAK DETECTION AND REPAIRS
As licensed and experienced gas fitters, Aquatek Plumbing & Gas provides a comprehensive service that covers installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of all types of gas appliances and gas hot water systems. This includes systems and appliances that operate on both LPG and natural gas.
An intermittent gas smell could indicate a leak. If the gas pipe runs underground, other signs may include bubbles on the surface of puddles or patches of dead grass or vegetation. If you suspect that you have a gas leak anywhere at your property, you need to act promptly. Some of the signs that indicate that you may have a problem with your gas supply include:
- Being able to smell gas, either inside or outside the home
- A hissing sound coming from a gas appliance
- Feelings of nausea and lightheadedness
- Disproportionately high gas bills
- Hot water system not working at optimum capacity
- Dead plants or grass near where underground gas pipes are located
Please turn your gas supply off, if you are certain the leak is on your property and ring us on 8123 3535 to schedule a licensed gas fitter.
Property owners are responsible for ensuring a licensed gas fitter carries out any work from the gas meter outlet up to and including:
- Pipe work from the gas meter to appliances
- Gas appliances
- Any flues or ducts
IF YOU THINK THERE IS A GAS LEAK IN YOUR HOME
- Do not light a flame to try to find it
- Go outside immediately, opening doors and windows and extinguishing any open flames as you go
- Do not use a fan to assist ventilation
- Do not plug in or unplug any electrical appliances or switch them on or off
- Do not smoke or light matches in or near the property
- Locate and turn off the gas and electricity supply to the home, if the meters are outside and it’s safe for you to do so
- Call us immediately on 8123 3535 and get in touch with our licensed gas fitters
- Do not re-enter your home until it has been inspected by a licensed gas fitter and they have confirmed it is safe
At Aquatek Plumbing & Gas, we are available 24/7 to provide a gas leak detection and repair service to give you peace of mind and security. Our experienced Adelaide gas fitters will determine where any leaks are coming from and undertake the appropriate repairs and/or replacements to any appliances, pipes, gas taps or valves that may be the cause.
Safety is our primary concern and so we are on hand to help with gas emergencies at any time of the day or night.